Hawaiʻi deserves committed leaders who uphold the people's interests. As your representative, I will ensure that Hawaiʻi's voice is heard in our nation's capital and our politics are shaped by the values we share. We are one 'ohana. We care for one another.
I serve as Executive Director of Pacific Alliance to Stop Slavery, which supports survivors of human trafficking and champions policy change. In 2003, I founded Girl Fest Hawaiʻi to prevent violence against women and girls through education and art. I also worked as Director of Development and Communications for The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii, and Special Assistant to the Director of Economic Development for the City and County of Honolulu. Awards and honors include:
- 2013 Pacific Edge Magazine Nonprofit Impact Award for Pacific Alliance to Stop Slavery
- 2012 Norma Hotaling Anti-Trafficking Award | Josephine Butler Award for Policy Change
- 2010 Pacific Business News' Class of Forty Under 40
- 2006 Soroptimist International of the Americas' Making a Difference for Women Award
- 2005 National Education Association's Ellison S. Onizuka Human & Civil Rights Award